49 and Fabulous

49 and Fabulous

Friday, August 3, 2012

DIVA RUN, Long Island, NY October 7, 2012


I haven’t written in awhile and the main reason is that since the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, I haven’t been able to get into a running our workout routine.  

 I’m sure some of you can relate.   

After thinking about it the last few days, I thought I should probably write about the fact that I’m having a hard time committing to and sticking to a running -- since I shared my runs and training with you, I can also share the struggle to (excuse the pun) get up and running.

I know that there are two factors that are keeping me from running and working out.
1.          1. Time (busy, busy – BUZY)
2.          2. Energy (lazy, lazy – LAZY)

I really know we all say it, but I’ve been so busy the last two weeks and it’s been difficult to find the time. Living in New York City - the City lifestyle sometimes gets hectic.  I am REALLY not complaining, but the last two week has been out the door at 8:00am and back hopme at 10pm.

 This next week will be different and I know I can fit a few runs and once I start am hoping I just kick into a routine.

The energy part is well, a nice way of saying that I am feeling really lazy right now.  The heat isn’t helping, but I am sleeping in and pressing that snooze button on a regular basis and I’ve walked right by the gym a few times without even feeling guilty about not working out.  I have a choice, either stay on the couch or get up and run, the couch wins every time.

The next half marathon that I am “committed” to doing is “The Diva” in Long Island.  My co-worker Cynthia has been running and getting ready and if I would even think about not showing up, she would literally kill me.  I am more afraid of Cynthia than I am running a slow pace in a marathon.

I told another friend this week, just register, it helps to motivate you.  I need to register and am committing to you , RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE to register by August 17th

My plan for tomorrow is to get up early to beat the heat – and do a full loop in Central Park, (to and from total 7.5 mile run).  That was also my plan last week and – well that didn’t happen...

So email me, call me, text me, facebook me – send smoke signals, let me know how your training is going.  If you’re in New York, maybe we can make a running date !
Hope you all are well, let’s get this party started !
See you in the Park !

Love Y'all
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website Countdowns