49 and Fabulous

49 and Fabulous

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Alot has happened...

Alot has happened since my November 17th post.


  • I contacted the charity that I would like to work with for the Marathon

  • Un-froze my membership at New York Sports

  • Talked to my cousin Bill, who is "thinking" about running the Pittsburgh Marathon

  • My sister is committing to walking the Pittsburgh half

  • Have two sponsor's: T-Mobile and my chiropractor

  • Got a clean bill of health from my doctor

  • Saw my running coach by accident (HI RYAN!!)

  • Oh...and I ran two miles

It was acutally the first time I had run in aproximatly 20 weeks (four plus months). That is another story for another day -- another post.


After running the two miles, I have to say, I started thinking "what am I doing, I can't run a marathon....this is crazy, I can't do this, it's to far, to much work, I can't train through the winter. I got sick last year, I can't do it." And my back hurt.


I was never one to let a little challenge stop me, so here goes, doing the impossible. I am now trying to get a couple runs in from now to Sunday, which feels like an impossible task. I have to remember, this is about running, I acutally have to run.


Question, what are you doing in your life that feels like an impossible task to complete ?


Have a great day,


Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. OK - I opened my emails today & there are 2 Holiday Races coming up in the next month. One 4 miler & the other New Year's Day 3.1. Guess I should commit if I'm going to be ready for 13.1 on May 6th. We can do this Stephanie! I must say I'm glad I'm only shooting for the half...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my impossible task with you Sunday :-) and it continues. Oh, and school. Real asskicker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I am so excited to hear about you running! I ran a 4.75 on Sunday night. I did not think I could go that far! It felt so good. Let's run together. My goal is the NYC marathon 20012. I am not sure I will make it but I will at least train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine the hardest part of training is getting started. Looks like you are doing that.
    I'll be there with the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Steph!! You are a Rock Star!!! Really proud of ya! Nothing is impossible! God will move mountains as long as we bring our shovel!!

    ReplyDelete